On this beautiful, deceptively sunny Saturday in Chicago, I decided it was finally time to get around to my post about The Sunshine Award. I was graciously nominated by Jhuls from thenotsocreativecook on February 20th, and after some coffee and an embarrassing number of spoonfuls of peanut butter, I am ready to take on this post.
For those of you who don’t know, The Sunshine Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. I like to think of it as a sort of People’s Choice-type award. With the nomination came a set of 10 questions to answer, which are as follows:
- Why did you start blogging? To prove to the cyber-world that it is in fact possible to eat delicious and easy-to-make food even with a restrictive diet.
- Sweet or Savory? Depends. Right now? Sweet. I’d love some hot, crispy waffles with some Vermont maple syrup. But in five minutes from now, it could change and I might want some chips and guac.
- If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why? Definitely Chopped. One of my favorite pastimes is watching the show and coming up with my own meals based on the secret basket ingredients. Plus, going on Chopped might mean I get to meet one of my idols, Alex Guarnaschelli.
- What was the last thing you Googled? Whether “pastime” has one or two ‘t’s…ha.
- Night In or Night Out? Night out! This city is my oyster. I love going to new places, meeting new people, and trying new things.
- What has been your favorite blog post to write? The recipe for Maple Bacon Donuts, because I got to eat them.
- What’s the one thing you never leave home without? Definitely my phone. I am hopelessly addicted.
- Where would you most like to travel to? I’ve wanted to go to Greece for the longest time. I’m kind of obsessed with the culture, the food, and the scenery. My mom has a friend with a house in Athens, so my dream might soon come true!
- If you could have any super power, what would it be? I’m not sure about one specific power, but if I were a super hero, my name would definitely be “Anne the Baker” and I would travel around to kitchens with a bacon wand, fixing everyone’s kitchen mistakes.
- What can we expect to find from your blog in the future? More gluten and dairy-free desserts. Get ready, y’all!
So without further ado, here are my 10 nominations:
If you’d like to participate, simply follow these rules:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
- Create 10 questions (or use same set given to you) for your nominees to answer
Here are the questions for you all to answer:
- What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What has been your favorite blog post to write?
- What is your favorite late night snack?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what one thing would you bring with you?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was the last thing you Googled?
- What is your favorite city and why?
- What do you like to do besides blog?
- What is your go-to potluck dish?
xoxo, The Bacon Princess