Pumpkin season is among us, and what better way to use this seasonal delicacy than an easy dessert that can be whipped up and devoured in less than 45 minutes? These pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough truffles are going to become your Fall dessert obsession not only because they taste amazing, but they’re also made of wholesome ingredients, and are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly!
Another thing that stands out about these pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough truffles is that they are extremely versatile! The main ingredient is nut or seed butter, but you can use anything from cashew butter and almond butter, to sunflower butter or granola butter if nut-free. The recipe is sweetened with maple syrup, but can be replaced with honey, agave, or even liquid stevia if trying to lower your carb count.
This chocolate delight is seasoned with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, which also includes ground ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. These flavors enhance the pumpkin puree and really give that Fall vibe to this dessert. Once you make your delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough, it’s time to melt your Pantry Cannabis Infused Cacao Keto Bites with chocolate chips and a little coconut oil for that classic truffle hard shell for our pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.
This recipe makes it pretty easy to dose yourself accurately and safely. We included amounts and dosages for two levels: using 5 keto bites shakes out to about 2mg THC per truffle if you make 12, and using 10 keto bites shakes out to about 4mg THC per truffle if you make 12. If you have a sweet tooth and know you’ll likely want more than one truffle, use just 5 keto bites so you don’t overdo it!
Enjoy these pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough truffles throughout the week of Halloween to keep the spooky feeling alive, or make a batch for your social-distanced Halloween bash – they will surely be the hit of the party!
Prep Time: 10 min
Chill Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
THC per serving: 2-4mg
Baking sheet or plate
Small saucepan (if doing double boiler instead of microwave)
½ cup nut, seed, or granola butter
¼ cup pumpkin purée
3-4 tbsp maple syrup, honey, or agave
3 ½-4 tbsp coconut flour
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
⅛ tsp salt
⅓ + ½ cup mini chocolate chips
5-10 Pantry Cannabis Infused Cacao Keto Bites
1 tsp coconut oil
¼ cup sprinkles of choice (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together nut/seed butter, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup.
- Add coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, optional cinnamon, and salt to bowl and stir to combine. Make sure the mixture can be rolled into balls. If it’s too soft, add a little bit of coconut flour at a time until the right consistency.
- Fold in ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 12 small balls and place on a small baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, combine Pantry Cacao Keto Bites, ½ cup mini chocolate chips, and coconut oil. If using microwave, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between. If using double boiler, just stir as it melts.
- Remove dough balls from freezer. Place onto a fork or spoon, and dip into chocolate. Place dough ball back onto parchment paper and add a pinch of sprinkles on top.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Return to the fridge or freezer until chocolate hardens. Enjoy! Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.