There are few desserts in this world that hit the spot like chocolate cake. It’s just a classic that we want to enjoy any time of year! In this recipe we take the classic chocolate cake and give it a paleo twist, with a delicious chocolate coconut ganache frosting topped with freeze dried strawberries!
Unlike your normal cake, we baked ours in a square tin to make cake bars instead of slices, effectively turning cake from a silverware affair into a portable treat! We use 10 Pantry Keto bites in this recipe, which shakes out to between 5-6mg THC and 5-6mg CBD per serving. Feel free to adjust the amount of keto bites to your comfort – it’s really easy to tailor this recipe to your personal tolerance level!
Enjoy these paleo chocolate cake bars for the perfect weekend treat!
Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Cake Bars
- 8×8 pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
For the cake
- ¼ cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp milk of choice
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (packed, then sifted)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the frosting
- 10 Pantry Cannabis Keto Bites
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ⅓ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk oil, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Transfer to pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
- Place Pantry keto bites, dark chocolate, and coconut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted. Let cool slightly.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto fully cooled cake. Top with freeze dried strawberries. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate is just set. Slice cake bars and enjoy, or store in the fridge and let come to room temperature a few minutes before enjoying.