There are a lot of people out there who sleep on tofu, but I’m here to tell you that’s a mistake! This soy-based protein is extremely versatile both in flavor and texture, and is the main ingredient in what we’ve found to be the best vegan breakfast replacement for scrambled eggs: this easy and delicious turmeric tofu scramble. In addition to embodying the texture of regular eggs, this scrambled tofu even looks a lot like the real deal, while remaining animal product-free.
In addition to using ground turmeric to flavor and color our scramble, we add black pepper, and then we amp up the flavor and spice factor even more by adding some garlic powder and just a pinch of cayenne pepper for a slight kick.
You can’t forget the mixin’s for your turmeric tofu scramble, and we used bell pepper and 3ml Care by Design 4:1 Full Spectrum CBD Drops for optimum flavor and effect. With this amount, each serving contains 16mg CBD and 4mg THC, although this can be adjusted easily based on your tolerance and preference. Garnish with green onion and some hot sauce if you can handle the heat. If it fits with your diet, this would taste great with a yummy piece of toast!
Turmeric Tofu Scramble
- Tofu press or heavy book
- Large pan
- 15 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ onion onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 ml Care by Design 4:1 Full Spectrum CBD Drops
- Slice tofu in half. Wrap in a towel and press with a tofu press or heavy book for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add diced onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 minutes more, until both onion and bell pepper are soft. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add salt, pepper, spices and tofu. Break tofu into small pieces with a wooden spoon and mix together until the spices are fully incorporated. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until tofu is soft.
- Add 3ml Care by Design 4:1 CBD Drops to pan and stir to combine. Optional to add sliced green onion and hot sauce and serve!