There are few things more delicious and fresh than a big salad full of nature’s bounty. This Massaged Kale salad with CBD dressing loaded with many shades of green is no exception! We pile on kale, arugula, cucumber, avocado, lemon, fresh dill and crunchy roasted sunflower seeds to create your go-to salad for this summer! As if this combination of flavors couldn’t get any better, we make a creamy avocado dill dressing with garlic, lemon, olive oil, enhanced by Care by Design 8:1 Full Spectrum CBD Drops for an added benefit.
Our creamy avocado dressing is the perfect vehicle for our 8:1 CBD drops, as oil is already a necessary part of any good dressing – along with acid. In our case, we use lemon juice! To take our salad to the next level, we massage our kale with a bit of olive oil and salt so that it’s soft and easier to chew (not to mention relaxed!). If you wanted to add even more CBD to your meal, you could easily massage your kale with CBD drops instead of olive oil.
This salad is perfect to portion out and let eaters add their own dressing in order to control their own CBD dose. Since we’re using sturdy kale as our base, our greens won’t wilt as quickly once dressed, so you can always save leftovers for later that day or the next.
Massaged Kale Salad with Creamy Avocado Dill Dressing
- Large bowl
- Salad or regular tongs
For the dressing
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup water, or more to thin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 ml Care by Design Full Spectrum CBD Drops, 8:1 Tincture, 15ml
For the salad
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ cup arugula
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced (or use zest)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp vegan ricotta
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- Blend ingredients for salad dressing in a blender until smooth. Add more water if you would like a thinner consistency for your dressing.
- In a bowl, add chopped kale, olive oil, salt. Massage for 3-5 minutes, or until kale is soft.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to kale, and toss to combine. Top or toss with dressing and enjoy!