If I ever have a good amount of chicken that needs to be used up, one of my favorite things to do is make chicken salad with it! We’ve all probably had a pretty basic rendition of this classic dish, but I decided to dress mine up by making a homemade tarragon-infused avocado oil in my ONGROK Botanical Infuser Machine, which I then used to make homemade mayonnaise. The subtle infusion of tarragon took this homely dish into an elevated classic that just begs to be served at your upcoming get togethers.
To turn our tarragon chicken salad into a finger food, we decided to toast up a few slices of baguette with more of our tarragon-infused avocado oil to serve as a crostini. The crunchy, tarragon-infused toasted baguette is the perfect vessel for this creamy chicken salad. Topped with a few micro-greens for color and flavor, you’ll want to eat every bite of these tasty morsels!
Tarragon Chicken Salad Crostini
- ONGROK 4-piece Grinder
- ONGROK Botanical Infuser Machine
- ONGROK Micron Filter Bag
- Pastry brush
For the tarragon-infused oil
- 2 cups avocado oil
- ¾ cup dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp ONGROK Sunflower Lecithin
For the tarragon mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¾ cup tarragon-infused avocado oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the chicken salad
- 3 ½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp stone ground mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
For the crostini
- 1 small baguette (GF optional)
- ¼ cup tarragon-infused avocado oil
- ⅓ cup rainbow micro-greens
- Grind dried tarragon in your ONGROK 4-piece grinder.
- Transfer ground tarragon to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine, along with avocado oil and sunflower lecithin. Give the mixture a quick stir. Set temperature to 160℉. Press the 1 hour button for infused oil and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once oil is done, strain mixture through ONGROK Micron Filter Bag into a bowl. Transfer to an air-tight container.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolk and lemon juice until frothy. Very slowly add a thin drizzle of your tarragon-infused oil while whisking continuously. Be careful that the oil whisks into the mixture immediately. If you add too much oil, stop and whisk until fully combined. Keep an eye on your mixture and mix just until soft peaks form to prevent the mixture from splitting. You might not need to use the full ¾ cup of oil.
- Add cooked chicken, stone ground mustard, salt, pepper, and spices to your mayo. Fold gently until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Preheat your oven broiler to low. Slice baguette and brush both sides with your tarragon-infused oil. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast on broil for 3-4 minutes. Flip and broil another 3-4 minutes, until both sides are golden.
- Assemble your crostini by scooping tarragon-infused chicken salad onto toasted baguette slices. Top with a pinch of rainbow microgreens and serve.